NOTICE OF QUORUM
There may be a quorum of Hidalgo County Commissioners in attendance at the Hidalgo Count Public Lands Advisory Committee (PLAC) meeting at 3:00 PM on Wednesday, October 26, 2022 at 305 S. Pyramid St., Lordsburg, NM 88045. The PLAC meeting is open to the public. County-related matters may be discussed but there will be no action taken by the Board of County Commissioners. Copies of the PLAC agenda may be obtained by contacting Chair Meira Gault at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Board of Hidalgo County Commissioners are requesting interested individuals to serve on the County’s Lodgers’ Tax Advisory Board. There shall be five members appointed with the below qualifications:
- Two members who are owners or operators of lodgings subject to the occupancy tax
- Two members who are owners or operators of industries located within the County that primarily provide services or products to tourists
- One member who is a resident of the County and represents the general public
If you are interested in serving on the County’s Lodgers’ Tax advisory board who will meet no more than two times annually, please e-mail Miriam.email@example.com by Monday, March 28, 2022.
Your consideration is greatly appreciated. If you have questions in reference to the purpose of the committee please e-mail Tisha.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Hidalgo County Commission will hold a public hearing on Wednesday, April 13, 2022, at5:30 PMin the County Commissioners Chambers of the Hidalgo County Administration Office, 305 Pyramid Street, Lordsburg, NM 88034 NM to consider the preliminary plat of the Dark Skies Subdivision.
The applicant, Steven Blum, on behalf of Dark Skies Subdivision, LLC, 18 Glenwood Street, Natick, MA 01760, (617) 212-1440, is requesting approval of a preliminary plat for a proposed subdivision containing twelve (12) non-residential lots to be exclusively utilized as observatories to be utilized remotely on approximately 10 acres in Section 21, Township 27 South, Range 20 West, N.M.P.M., Animas, Hidalgo County, New Mexico.
A final decision on the preliminary plat will be made by the Board of County Commissioners on Wednesday, April 13, 2022, at 5:30 PM in the County Commission Chambers of Hidalgo County, located at 305 Pyramid Street, Lordsburg, NM.
If you have any questions or require additional information regarding this request or would like a copy of opinions from the state agencies and the subdivider’s proposal, or require special assistance, please feel free to contact the Hidalgo County Manager at (575) 542-9428.
Hidalgo County Office Hours
- The Courthouse county offices (Clerk, Treasurer and Assessor) will be open Monday- Thursday from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm.
- Clerk’s office number is 575-542-9213
- Treasurer’s office number is 575-542-9313
- The Probate Office hours are Mondays and Wednesdays 9:00 am-2:00 pm
- Probate office number is 575-542-9512
- E-mail address: email@example.com
- Probate office number is 575-542-9512
- The County Manager’s Office will be open Monday-Thursday 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- The Sheriff’s Office is open Monday-Thursday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Fridays 8:00 am to 12:00 pm.
- The Hidalgo County Transfer Station hours are Mondays -Fridays 8 am – 5 pm and Saturdays from 8 am to 2 pm.
- The Hidalgo County Detention Center Inmate visitation has resumed. Please visit Securustech.net to schedule visits.
You are encouraged to utilize many online services that are available at www.hidalgocounty.org .
If you need additional information or assistance please call me at 575-590-7662.
Thank you, Tisha Green, County Manager
County Office phone numbers and e-mails:
County Clerk 575-542-9213 firstname.lastname@example.org
County Assessor 575-542-3433 email@example.com
County Treasurer 575-542-9313 firstname.lastname@example.org
Probate Judge 575-542-9512 email@example.com
Transfer Station 575-542-9800 firstname.lastname@example.org
EMS Station 575-542-8272 email@example.com
Manager’s Office 575-542-9428 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sheriff’s Office 575-542-3833 email@example.com
Detention Center 575-542-3050 firstname.lastname@example.org
Dispatch 575-542-8828 email@example.com
Road Department 575-548-2672 firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergency Manager 575-542-8827 email@example.com
If you want emergency notifications from the County, click on the link to register your contact preference.