ATTENTION NEW MEXICO BUSINESS!
NM Business Urged to Apply for Federal Stimulus.
As most of you know, the federal stimulus guidelines were rolled out Friday. There is $350 billion allocated to small businesses. However, you have until June 30, 2020 to access this money but it is on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE basis. We encourage you to apply for the Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) and the Paycheck Protections Program (PPP). The first is a loan program (loans up to $2M) with a forgivable advance up to $10,000 that can be distributed in 3 days directly to your company; and the second, a larger loan program (up to $10M) has an interest rate of 1% and is deferrable for 6 months.
Companies can apply through the SBA at: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/
COVID-19 COUNTY RESPONSE
As of today Hidalgo County has 88 positive test results of COVID-19. We will continue to make every effort to keep our staff and citizens safe. Within all of our County buildings, a mask will be required to enter and social distancing will be enforced. Mass gatherings of more than five will not be approved for any county facilities in order for us to comply with the public health order; unless there is an approved exemption from the Department of Health.
- The Courthouse county offices (Clerk, Treasurer and Assessor) will be open Monday- Thursday from 9 am to 3 pm.
- The Probate Office hours are Monday 9 am-3 pm and Wednesday from 9 am-11 am.
- The County Manager’s Office will be open Monday-Thursday 9 am-3 pm.
- The Sheriff’s Office is open to the public Monday-Thursday 9 am-3 pm.
- Driving tests and fingerprint processing are suspended at this time.
- The Hidalgo County Detention Center is closed to the public. Inmate visitation is still suspended until further notice.
- Hidalgo County Dispatch is not scheduling fingerprints at this time.
- The Hidalgo County Transfer Station hours for this week will be Monday -Friday 8 am- 2 pm and Saturday and Sunday from 8 am to 12 pm.
- The Rural Addressor/Emergency Manager is available by appointment, please call 575-534-5113.
We apologize for any inconvenience. You are encouraged to utilize many online services that are available at www.hidalgocounty.org .
If you need additional information or assistance please call me at 575-590-7662.
Thank you, Tisha Green, County Manager
County Office phone numbers and e-mails:
County Clerk 575-542-9231 firstname.lastname@example.org
County Assessor 575-542-3433 email@example.com
County Treasurer 575-542-9313 firstname.lastname@example.org
Probate Judge 575-542-9512 email@example.com
Transfer Station 575-542-9800 firstname.lastname@example.org
EMS Station 575-542-8272 email@example.com
Manager’s Office 575-542-9428 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sheriff’s Office 575-542-3833 email@example.com
Detention Center 575-542-3050 firstname.lastname@example.org
Dispatch 575-542-8828 email@example.com
Road Department 575-548-2672 firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergency Manager 575-542-8827 email@example.com
2019-nCoV (2019 Novel Coronavirus) Precautions:
- Hand hygiene and avoid touching your face.
- Avoid sick people and stay home if you are sick.
- Educate yourself on pandemic preparedness and plan for how you would care for yourself and your family.
- Think before attending crowded settings.
- Don’t go to the Emergency Department unless critical.
- 85% of cases are mild.
- Most severe cases affect ages 70+ or those with Respiratory Illness.
- Less contagious than Flu.
- Surgical Face Masks are for sick individuals when near other people to contain cough sputum.
- Surgical Face Masks DO NOT protect un-infected persons.
- Wash hands OFTEN with Soap and Warm Water.
- Use Hand Sanitizer between Hand Washing.
New Mexico: https://cv.nmhealth.org/
United States: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html
If you want emergency notifications from the County, click on the link to register your contact preference.