ATTENTION NEW MEXICO BUSINESS!
NM Business Urged to Apply for Federal Stimulus.
As most of you know, the federal stimulus guidelines were rolled out Friday. There is $350 billion allocated to small businesses. However, you have until June 30, 2020 to access this money but it is on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE basis. We encourage you to apply for the Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) and the Paycheck Protections Program (PPP). The first is a loan program (loans up to $2M) with a forgivable advance up to $10,000 that can be distributed in 3 days directly to your company; and the second, a larger loan program (up to $10M) has an interest rate of 1% and is deferrable for 6 months.
Companies can apply through the SBA at: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/
COVID-19 COUNTY RESPONSE
Hidalgo County Office Hours
Masks are required to enter county buildings
- The Courthouse county offices (Clerk, Treasurer and Assessor) will be open Monday- Thursday from 9 am to 3 pm. However, staff will be available for calls and e-mails Monday-Friday from 9 am to 5 pm.
- The Probate Office hours are Monday 9 am-3 pm and Wednesday from 9 am-11 am.
- The County Manager’s Office will be open Monday-Thursday 9 am-3 pm. However, staff will be available for calls and e-mails Monday-Friday from 8 am to 5 pm.
- The Sheriff’s Office is open to the public Monday-Thursday 9 am-3 pm. However, staff will be available for calls and e-mails Monday-Friday from 8 am to 5 pm.
- Driving tests and fingerprint processing are suspended at this time.
- The Hidalgo County Detention Center is closed to the public. Inmate visitation is still suspended.
- Hidalgo County Dispatch is not scheduling fingerprints at this time.
- The Hidalgo County Transfer Station hours are Mondays -Fridays 8 am – 5 pm and Saturdays and Sundays from 8 am to 12 pm.
- The Rural Addressor/Emergency Manager is available by appointment, please call 575-534-5113.
We apologize for any inconvenience. You are encouraged to utilize many online services that are available at www.hidalgocounty.org .
If you need additional information or assistance please call me at 575-590-7662.
Thank you, Tisha Green, County Manager
County Office phone numbers and e-mails:
County Clerk 575-542-9231 email@example.com
County Assessor 575-542-3433 firstname.lastname@example.org
County Treasurer 575-542-9313 email@example.com
Probate Judge 575-542-9512 firstname.lastname@example.org
Transfer Station 575-542-9800 email@example.com
EMS Station 575-542-8272 firstname.lastname@example.org
Manager’s Office 575-542-9428 email@example.com
Sheriff’s Office 575-542-3833 firstname.lastname@example.org
Detention Center 575-542-3050 email@example.com
Dispatch 575-542-8828 firstname.lastname@example.org
Road Department 575-548-2672 email@example.com
Emergency Manager 575-542-8827 firstname.lastname@example.org
2019-nCoV (2019 Novel Coronavirus) Precautions:
- Hand hygiene and avoid touching your face.
- Avoid sick people and stay home if you are sick.
- Educate yourself on pandemic preparedness and plan for how you would care for yourself and your family.
- Think before attending crowded settings.
- Don’t go to the Emergency Department unless critical.
- 85% of cases are mild.
- Most severe cases affect ages 70+ or those with Respiratory Illness.
- Less contagious than Flu.
- Surgical Face Masks are for sick individuals when near other people to contain cough sputum.
- Surgical Face Masks DO NOT protect un-infected persons.
- Wash hands OFTEN with Soap and Warm Water.
- Use Hand Sanitizer between Hand Washing.
New Mexico: https://cv.nmhealth.org/
United States: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html
If you want emergency notifications from the County, click on the link to register your contact preference.